If you’re struggling to decide how to choose your destination and how to control your pre-travel emotions, then this article is for you! Vicky and I have written 5 Key Tips that will help guide you through to your trip.
- Choose five destinations you want to go to. Then, research those places. Best way to do this is use social media, google images, travel books (The Lonely Planet), travel agents, etc.. to identify activities and tourist places you want to visit. This will provide clarity on where to go and hopefully whittle down the five destinations to the most desired one. On the other hand, if you do not have no idea on where to go, then get a map of the world, close your eyes and then point your finger anywhere on the map. Then, open your eyes and the place your finger is pointing too is the place you are going too. AWESOME!
- If you choose to travel with somebody else, make sure you sell your destination to them like there is no tomorrow! This is because you will end up in a confrontation, as big as the one between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, or worse Harry Potter and He Who Must Not Be Named. This is because if you regard Taiwan as a country, then there are 196 countries in the world. As a result, the likely chance you and your fellow traveller choosing the same desired destination will be extremely unlikely. Although, if you come armed with facts, images, and any other bulls**t you can think of to sell your desired travel destination, then you’re more likely to get the result you want.
- Well done for reaching this step, especially to those travelling with others, we salute you! At this stage, you should have chosen your awesome destination. What normally happens now, is that you usually get advised to go into a travel agent and get a brochure to help you identify what to do and see. For us, this method is completely outdated. Let us explain why. Well, in 2016 statistics show that 2.22 billion people around the world use social media to inform us of all of their amazing adventures through images and text. This means if you haven’t of guessed it yet, that you can save trees that are needed to make travel brochures, by a few touches on your phone, laptop, tablet and computer. As you can have access to an unprecedented number of images of the destination you want to go to. You also, have incredible access to other similar budding travellers’ person reviews and feedbacks all for free. C.T.I.V.I.T.Y. A.L.E.R.T. Go ahead and type in the name of the place you’re going to on any social media sites and check out all the amazing pictures, blogs and reviews people have posted. This will give you a clearer view on where to go in that country and what to do and see.
- It’s near the trip of your lifetime, the excitement is overwhelming, and the clock is ticking far too slowly. But, you may be experiencing sudden emotions of feeling anxious, scared, nervous, and the feeling of homesickness. How can this be? Relax, this is normal even to the most experience of travellers. Your about to voyage across many miles to a place you have never been to before, you may not even speak the language, and may never been away from your family or outside the country of your birth, these feelings are completely understandable. THIS IS NORMAL!!!! Remember, we live in a globalised world now. If you find it too much abroad, it’s ok, your one phone call or click away from returning back home or speaking to someone. Furthermore, it may be good to talk to your family and close friends and tell them about your fears and nerves. This then lets them know how you’re feeling and allows them to give you comforting advice.
- “I’m going on an Adventure” (Guess the quoteJ). Your prepared, you’re emotional, and ready to experience the big beautiful world. Enjoy your trip, make it your own, do the things you want to do, and learn the culture of the place your visiting. If you have social media, then go berserk and post all the cool things you have done and seen. This way, you are helping others in their travel decision-making process.
Be safe and happy travels!